|Salient features and facilities in SEZ
- A designated duty free enclave and to be treated as foreign territory for trade operations and duties and tariffs.
- No license required for import.
- Exemption from customs duty on import of capital goods, raw materials, consumables, spares etc.
- Exemption from Central Excise duty on procurement of capital goods, raw materials,consumable spares etc. from the domestic market.
- Supplies from DTA to SEZ units treated as deemed exports.
- Reimbursement of Central Sales Tax paid on domestic purchases.
- 100% income tax exemption for a block of five years, 50% tax exemptions for two years and up to 50% of the Profits ploughed back for next 3 years under section 10-A of Income tax Act.
- Supplies from DTA to SEZ to be treated as exports under 80HHC of the IT Act.
Carry forward of losses
- 100% Income-tax exemption for 3 years & 50% for 2 years under section 80-LA of the Income-tax Act for offshore banking units.
- Reimbursement of duty paid on furnace oil, procured from domestic oil companies to SEZ units as per the rate of Drawback notified by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. SEZ units may be for manufacturing, trading or service activity.
- SEZ unit to be positive net foreign exchange earner within three years.
- Performance of the units to be monitored by a Committee headed by Development Commissioner and consisting of Customs.
- 100% Foreign Direct Investment in manufacturing, sector allowed through automatic route barring a few sectors.
- Facility to retain 100% foreign exchange receipts in EEFC Account.
- Facility to realize and repatriate export proceeds within 12 months.
- Re-export imported goods found defective, goods imported from foreign suppliers on loan basis etc. without G.R. Waiver under intimation to the Development Commissioner.
- "Write-off" of unrealized exports bills up to 5%.
- Commodity hedging by SEZ units permitted Capitalization of import payables.
- No cap on foreign investment for SSI reserved items.
- Exemption from industrial licensing requirement for items reserved for SSI sector.
- Profits allowed to be repatriated freely without any dividend-balancing requirement.
- Domestic Sales on full duty subject to import policy in force.
- No fixed wastage norms.
- Full freedom for subcontracting including subcontracting abroad. Subcontracting facility available to jewellery units.
- Duty free goods to be utilized in 5 years.
- Job work on behalf of domestic exporters for direct export allowed.
- No routine examination by Customs of exports and import cargo.
- No separate documentation required for customs and Exim Policy.
- In house customs Clearance.
- Support services like banking, post office clearing agents etc. provided in Zone Complex.
- Developed plots and ready to use built up space
- Exemption from Custom/Excise Duty on goods for setting up units in the zone.